Sunday, 26 January 2014

Nick Nairn


Julie cashed in her Xmas present, a voucher for Nick Nairn's cookery school in Aberdeen.  Went to a class on cooking lemon sole with a nutty butter sauce, beans and crushed potatoes..... and the odd glass of Shiraz!

"What a fab way to spend jury duty, wasn't required on the Friday so booked myself onto a two hour late lunch course.  We were shown how to skin and fillet flat fish and prepare a lemon sole for cooking on the bone.  It was so interesting and Simon our Chef made it all look so easy.  When I asked where in Aberdeen you could buy good fish a voice behind me chipped in how awful it was that there were no good fishmongers, that voice was Nick Nairn himself.  I am pleased to say he has matured since his heady days of first fame and is definitely not that arrogant so and so I met at the Good Food Show some 20 years ago!  As there were only 5 of us on the course I was working on my own so Simon would come over for a gossip and use my fish as the example.  So far this is my third course, the next one I'm hoping to do is a classic Indian course but since the date for that one is the same as Isobe'ls hockey match against Watson's from Edinburgh, I will have to wait for the next one!"



No comments:

Post a Comment